Grant Information

 

The Presbytery of the Northern Plains has the following grant opportunities available.  It is the hope that these funds will allow the opportunity to assist you in completing a project or starting a new ministry. For additional information, please contact the Presbytery office at 701-772-0783 or email pnpoffice@gmail.com.

Clergy Renewal Grant                         Balance: $ 1,298.78

 

The Clergy Renewal Fund was created by the Bicentennial Campaign in the early 1990s. Its purpose, defined by the Presbytery in 1993, is to financially support:

a) Retreats for clergy/CRE’s and spouses

b) clergy/CRE convocations

c) clergy/CRE scholarships for continuing education and sabbaticals

d) other emerging needs for clergy/CRE renewal

 

Application for Grants form should be used and sent to the Presbytery of the Northern Plains Leadership Pod. The Care of Pastoral Leaders POD will review applications and make recommendations to The Leadership POD

Congregational Development Grant                                   Balance: $ 35,784.69

 

The Congregational Development Fund was created by the Bicentennial Campaign in the early 1990s to bring seminary interns to plains churches. No funds are returned to the Presbytery automatically, but the Presbytery may request a portion of the funds annually.

 

The Leadership Pod administers the fund, and needs approval of the Presbytery to request more than 5.5% annually. An Application for Grants form should be used and sent to the Presbytery of the Northern Plains Leadership Pod.

New Church Development Grant                                        Balance: $ 70,944.76

 

These are funds retained by the Presbytery for New Church Development.  A ‘new church development’ means reaching new population with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This fund represented monies received from the sale of the property in South Fargo, and designated by the Presbytery for New Church Development.  

Peace and Global Witness Grant           Balance: $ 3,099.02

 

The Pace and Global Witness offering enables the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of conflict and injustice across the world. Gifts given to the Peace and Global Witness offering through the congregations are divided by the congregations retaining 25% for their efforts to connect with global witness of Christ's peace and the other 75% being divided to support presbytery, synod and PC(USA) ministries of peace and reconciliation efforts.

The emphasis and us of the grant is broad. We hope it will encourage congregations, ministry teams, or individuals to deal with conflict, provide nurturing reconciliation, and to stand in support of our global sisters and brothers because the peace of Christ belongs to people everywhere.  An Application for Grants form should be used and sent to the Presbytery of the Northern Plains Leadership Pod.

Pentecost Grant                                 Balance:  $ 0

 

Currently grant is not available.

The Pentecost Offering enables the PC(USA) to encourage, develop and support its young people, as well as provide assistance to at-risk children. In addition, a large portion of this offering can be kept by individual congregations for use in their own communities.

 

The Pentecost Offering is traditionally received on the day of Pentecost. However, you can help sustain the important PC(USA) ministries and programs that are supported by the Pentecost Offering by making an online gift at any time throughout the year.

 

These are monies received from the Pentecost offering and retained by the Presbytery. An Application for Grants form should be used and sent to the Presbytery of the Northern Plains Leadership Pod.

Seminary Scholarship                                                          Balance: $ 5,772.31

 

Income from offerings taken at ordinations and installations (see P-6.01012c) as well as income from the Julia Euland Fund are deposited into the Seminary Scholarship Reserve Account, to be disbursed by the Committee on Preparation for Ministry for use for scholarships for seminarians from the Presbytery of the Northern Plains.

 

No application needed as long as individuals are under the care of the Presbytery of the Northern Plains.

Small Church Ministries Support                                       Balance: $ 25,016.03

 

These funds are to go toward to use of helping support small church ministries within the Presbytery of the Northern Plains. An Application for Grants form should be used and sent to the Presbytery of the Northern Plains Leadership Pod.

ADDRESS

5555 South Washington Street

Grand Forks, North Dakota 58201

701-772-0783 or 800-243-3532

pnpoffice@gmail.com

FOLLOW US
  • Facebook Grunge
  • YouTube Black Round
HOURS

Mon – Fri  8AM - 10AM